Saturday, September 11, 2010

Homemade Solutions

One of the things I like about beekeeping thus far is that people look for solutions to problems and share their experiences with others. It's a mentality of "we're all in this together," and that is rare in our day and age.

If you want to see the inventor of one of the "green" methods of pest control demonstrate the effectiveness of powdered sugar and an oil trap in dealing with the Small Hive Beetle, check out his video on YouTube!

My favorite line is, "I powdered those rascals down!" As Mark said, "Pa-paw is gettin' it DONE!"

Mr. Freeman says in the video that used cooking oil is an attractant for the beetles, so maybe now I can convince Mark to get used oil rather than buying vegetable oil. Free oil works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment