Friday, June 8, 2012

Honey Turkey Rollers from the National Honey Board

I made these Monday night and they were a big hit. It will come as a surprise to no one that I added fresh baby spinach to them. Gotta get those veggies in! (Okay, I also used more turkey, I suspect, but the key here is the sauce -- delicious! Especially with PBBF honey!) Sarah made sure the end pieces, which weren't quite full, didn't go to waste. :-)  Enjoy!

Honey Turkey Rollers

Honey Turkey Rollers
Makes 6 servings
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, optional
  • 6 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
  • 1-1/2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
  • 12 thin slices turkey
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add honey, mustard and onion powder; mix well. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey cream cheese mixture out to the edge of each tortilla. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, leaving about 1 inch around the edge. Place 2 slices of turkey on each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 30 minutes, then slice each tortilla log into eight 1-inch rounds and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Um . . . I don't see any green chile. I don't believe that is acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. ;-) But now I'm craving those roll-ups instead.

    ReplyDelete