Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ponderings Prompted by Bees and their Foes

On Monday morning as I left our driveway to go to work, I noticed a Very Large Spider had cleverly built a Very Large Web from the front corner post of our porch to a nearby bush.

Result? Unsuspecting bees launching out of the hive first thing in the morning were getting caught in the sticky mess.

The porch hive needs every single bee it can get, so Mark dispatched the web for the spider to rebuild elsewhere.

The bees reminded me of myself: launching out each day, not suspecting that something is lurking in plain sight, near a clever trap. The devil is sneaky that way, waiting for me to establish patterns, to grow complacent and busy, to be comfortable and distracted.

Fortunately, I have a keeper who is looking out for me, ready to knock down that web.

No comments:

Post a Comment